Sunday, September 16, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals -connecting through food

Foodie Pen pals is a idea that started in the US only a year ago. It has really taken off, and I'm delighted to be a new member of the UK/Europe part of the program. I signed up for September, I have been assigned a penpal in Greece, so I'm having fun putting together a package with local food and home made and home grown produce. I have been assigned to an Austrian living in Ireland, looking forward to getting my package from her also. Once I get my package, I have to blog about it, so I'm getting a bit warmed up here. It's been a long time since I blogged here. Is anyone still listening?

2 Comments:

At 1:49 p.m., Blogger Jo said...

I'm still listening....

The parcels sound like a great idea but I think that I'd need a double brandy at the post office when I had to pay the postage for mine - especially if the recipient was in another part of the world : )

 
At 9:24 p.m., Blogger Anna Bee said...

Jo -

You need to choose carefully to avoid huge postal costs - so 500 g of oats rather then a jar of strawberry jam. But the generosity of the people sending to me is unreal - it's worth every penny to be part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home